Sunday 19 April 2015

Projects in Progress

Hi I have eight sketchbooks I'm working on.  I've been inspired by my partner and his love knowledge and connection with nature to do a project about birds namely Ravens and one of the first 'birds' Archeopteryx.
I've always loved birds well I'm an urban gal so pigeons, seagulls and crows mainly.  I've learned so much about the natural world from my partner.  Watching nature programs, documentaries on the Great Apes and Dinosaurs and discovering Pikas through David Attenbourgh.
We recently went to Bristol Zoo.  I got so much out of it because of this knowledge and awareness that is a much richer and deeper appreciation of animals than I ever had before.  Because Mike has a passion and knowledge it has rubbed of on me so I want to share the progress and process of this and other projects I'm working on for my own development and hope to make images I can sell in the future.

Just to let you know I had a general awareness of animals.  I had a pet cat and love animals, usually having to get to know them a bit to feel comfortable or build a rapport like I am with people. So here's some images I had taken at Bristol Zoo.  


Inca Tern

I took this photo at the end of the day at Bristol Zoo on a manual camera.  My photos were getting a lot better as the day went on.  I'll post some of the not so good ones.  I was learning as I went on although I haven't learned to operate the camera yet.  I had the setting on auto and wished I took my long lens with me.  I think what I learned and why my pictures were getting better was to focus with my eye while taking the photo, what was interesting about the subject and for me, it was the beak.  As a beginner I was so happy with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment