Monday 20 April 2015

Raven Sketchbook Page

I've been reading a book by +Austin Kleon Steal like an Artist and have been inspired to share the process and progress of ideas. 

here's a page from my sketchbook






The inspiration to explore Ravens and crows as a subject, came from sketching Mike.  He has a beautiful Raven Tattoo on his shoulder.  I been looking at a lot of interesting websites with cultural and mythological information and birds magnetic sense. 

This first page I was playing and experimenting over the top of a photo.  The dots and lines I imagined could be how the birds sees its environment like a language.  I am developing the idea in another sketchbook and have doodled on sketches and photos imagining the bird sees and understands through patterns.  Almost in a lyric way even a bit like music notation. 

Here's an example

Raven symbol for love      






 This doodle I created from a word written in my sketchbook I used gold relief outliner.  This I imagine is the Raven's symbol for 'Love' from the sounds they make and their mysterious beautiful qualities.


No comments:

Post a Comment