Tuesday 21 April 2015

Selfie inspiration

I was inspired by this selfie of Mike.  I love this tattoo.  I have highlighted it with gold relief liner and added a symbol I made up that represents marriage.  A visual language I've imagined raven's use. 

This is the Symbol.




This selfie I think is a very dark mysterious and broody image a lot like Mike and Ravens it has an atmosphere I want to explore.  His eyes are concealed and looking through the mobile it has a sinister edge which I like about this photo. 
Ravens are often thought as sinister because of their associations and myths around bad luck and death.  Although like many people I find them very beautiful.

I watched a documentary about Raven intelligence, interesting they can recognize human faces and remember them.  Apparently birds are similar to us because they are ocular centric and the way they communicate.
I have long been interested in the zodiac and Chinese horoscope.  That is how peoples personalities are compared to animal qualities and traits.  Like loyalty associated with dogs and quick wits like rats.  I think animals we like the most say something about us and it's a way of understanding and connecting with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment